“A delicious recipe to keep you warm on a cold winters evening”
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 small heads broccoli, florets removed and blanched
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
Cook rice according to package directions.
Make pesto: In the bowl of a food processor, combine half the broccoli, basil, and 1/2 cup olive oil and pulse until combined. Add Parmesan, almonds, garlic, and salt and blend until combined.
Season chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add chicken and cook until skin is crispy and chicken no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add cooked rice to skillet and stir until coated in chicken juices. Return chicken to skillet and add remaining broccoli.
Dollop with broccoli pesto and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.