A perfect meal that family and friends will love
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 lb. baby potatoes (about 8), sliced into 1/4″-thick rounds
- 1/2 c. dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. smoked or regular paprika
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lb. skinless cod fillet
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a large saucepan over a medium heat, heat the oil. Add garlic and potatoes and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until garlic is golden brown, approx 3 minutes. Add the white wine, tomatoes, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cover partially with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 18 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Season fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place the fish on top of the potatoes and tomatoes, cover tightly, and let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is opaque throughout.
Squeeze the lemon over the fish and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Recipe from the book ‘Food Swings’ by Jessica Seinfeld