- 3 pitta breads, halved and cut into triangles
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 3 courgettes, trimmed
- 100g (3½oz) watercress
- 3 balls buffalo mozzarella, drained and ripped in half
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Arrange the pitta triangles on a baking tray, brush with a little olive oil, season, then bake for 6-7 minutes until golden. Set aside until needed.
Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan on the hob. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the courgettes lengthways into ribbons. Toss in a large bowl with 1tbsp of oil and some seasoning. Griddle the courgettes in batches, until lightly charred on both sides.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk with a little seasoning.
To serve, arrange the watercress on a serving platter and top with the pitta crisps, ripped mozzarella and courgettes. Drizzle over the dressing and garnish with the chilli flakes and some freshly ground black pepper.