Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself and others. It produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence and self-esteem – all things that are highly important at this time of uncertainty and isolation.
Leading UK life coach Carole Ann Rice is talking us through 5 reasons why self-care is more important than ever.
- Stress levels are very high – the news is a darkplace at the moment and, with all the upset the pandemic has caused to our lives and work, stress levels are high. Turn inwards and nurtureyourself regularly to get through.
- Our “self” deserves some care and calm – see this lockdown as an opportunity instead of a challenge. Organise your environment, take care of your body, learn some new skills, build relationships! Do all the things you’ve been meaning to do but putting off.
- You are your most important source of wealth – you can’t give to others unless you’re fully whole. Self-care isn’t selfish, but the first step to being truly altruistic. Do you! And do it unashamedly.
- Your knowledge and skills remain with you regardless – the world won’t fall apart if you take some time for yourself. Don’t mistake a need for control as ‘productivity’. Often, our need to be busy comes from a fear of being alone with ourselves.
- It positively affects all the facets of your life – time spent taking care of ourselves isn’t at all wasted time. In fact, the repercussions of this investment can be felt across all areas of our lives, in a very positive way – including relationships, self-esteem, and health. Try it for yourself and see.