While practicing social distancing, why not plan the ultimate 2021 wellness escape to Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate in the UAE. Juxtaposed between the Hajar Mountains and the Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah remains a hidden gem despite its accessible location, just 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to two world-class five-star Ritz-Carlton luxury properites it’s the ideal place for a digitial detox within the desert or a coastal wellness unwind.
The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert
The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert offers a dreamy ‘Ultimate Desert Experience’ package, amid the beauty of their 1,235-acre protected preserve. The resort features luxury villas, inspired by Bedouin architecture, with private outdoor pools and decks, floor-to-ceiling windows and breathing views.
On top of this, the memories of quick dashes to the supermarket will be soon forgotten when visitors discover the world-class local cuisine at five-star venues on site, which among them include a farm-to-table Farmhouse and an open-sky Moon Bar. Visitors can also enjoy unique ‘Destination Dining’, where they will be invited to choose their private spot around the preserve and enjoy a bespoke dining experience among the spectacle of nature that surrounds them.
To ensure mental health is rejuvenated and in check, visitors can unwind at The Rainforest, a healing water oasis in Al Wadi Desert. The spa’s hydrothermal stations include summer storm, arctic mist and tropical rainbow affusion showers; aroma steam rooms to detoxify the body and boost the immune system; an Ice Igloo to increase blood circulation; and a floral Herbal Sauna for a multi-sensory experience.
Prices start from £790 for the ‘Ultimate Desert Experience’ (full board) package for two adults in the Al Khaimah Tented pool villa. This includes:
- Overnight in a premium tented pool villa with your own temperature-controlled pool (Al Khaimah or Al Sahari)
- Buffet breakfast and “Dine Around” dining, excluding beverages
- Choice of one Al Wadi Experience per person per day, which can be reserved in advance via the Experience Concierge
- Daily 60-minute Interactive Owl and Falcon show
- Access to the Fitness Center, Oasis Pool & Bar and Ritz Kids Club activities
- Bicycles and map to ride within the nature reserve
- Unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi access
- Complimentary Beach access at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach, including transfer
For more information, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/uae/al-wadi-desert
The Ritz Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach
Alternatively, for those wanting a luxury coastal retreat, The Ritz Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach showcases 32 beautifully designed private villas lavished with contemporary amenities, each with its own private outdoor patio and infinity pool with direct beach access.
Visitors can also visit the Ritz-Carlton Spa for a holistic treatment, enjoy signature seafood at Shore House restaurant or for those sick of being cramped up inside – venture to the beach for some snorkelling.
Prices from £864 for the ‘Reconnect’ package for two adults in the Al Bahar Tented Beach Pool Villa. This includes:
- Breakfast for two at Shore House restaurant per day
- Breakfast can be taken only in the restaurant and does not apply to In-villa dining
AED 200 Resort Credit per day
- Daily credits may be accumulated and can be used to pay any incidental charges only
- Daily credits cannot be used against the room rate
- Total cumulative credit must be used during the dates of the reservation. No balance will be issued for future stays
- Access to the Fitness Center, Shore House Pool & Bar and Ritz Kids activities
- Unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi
For more information, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/uae/al-hamra-beach